Where to get HIV and STD testing
If you have a doctor you trust, you can usually get HIV and sexually transmitted disease testing anytime by making an appointment with them. Check with your doctor and with your health insurance plan to see what they cover.
If you don’t have insurance or don’t feel comfortable using it, we offer confidential HIV & STD testing.
HIV & Hepatitis C Testing. Call 617-267-0159 to learn more.
You can get free and confidential HIV testing at:
- 1340 Boylston Street, Boston (Fenway Health)
- Monday 11 am to 4 pm, 8th Floor
- Tuesday 11 am to 4 pm, 8th Floor
- Wednesdays 4 pm to 7 pm, 2nd Floor
- Thursday 11 am to 4 pm, 8th Floor
- Fridays: by appointment. Call 617-267-0159
- 75 Amory Street, Roxbury/Jamaica Plain. (AIDS Action Committee)
- Monday through Thursday 10am to 4pm.
- Or by appointment. Call 617-450-1987
- 31 Heath Street, Mission Hill/Jamaica Plain (MAC)
- Monday through Thursday: 11 am -7 pm
- Fridays: by appointment. Call 617-238-2424
Testing for other STDs
By appointment only at Fenway Health’s main location (1340 Boylston Street) and at Fenway South End (142 Berkeley Street)
Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, Hepatitis C and HIV testing can all be done is a single visit.
Call 617-267-0159 to learn more.
You could have infection even if you’re not feeling any symptoms, so it’s a good idea to get yourself checked regularly. Make sure they check all the places you could have been exposed based on the kind of sex you’ve been having. If a partner tells you they have an STD, or you have symptoms like burning, itching, discharge, or a rash, call right away to schedule an appointment.